Do the constraints placed upon artists by small format media platforms allow creativity to flourish or fail? This is the question I attempted to answer in the latest Buzz Track podcast along with co-host Harrison Murray and guest Adrian Ortega. But, as always, the conversation meandered amongst a range of interesting topics. In this episode you will hear:
- Some of our favourite Vines
- Filming the public – their rights and yours
- Fat-shaming editing choices
- Defamation cases
- Viral videos and online fame
- Cult of personality
- Constructing personality online
- Social media impacts and history
- Do we love the person or the content?
- Vines in advertising
- Social benefits of the Internet
- Niche audiences
- Internet and older peeps
The Buzz Track is a podcast that talks about movies and video from the perspective of film makers and scholars. It comes out sporadically and has a laid-back, meandering conversation style that is full of laughs and insight.
Note: the editing is a bit rushed on this episode because it has been sitting in the bank for ages and I wanted to get it out there. Hope you love it, there will be more. Let us know your thoughts.